Program, operate and maintain CNC controlled plasma table and CNC controlled equipment while using AutoCAD.
The Plasma Table Operator’s primary responsibility is to load/draw profiles using AutoCAD and run the plasma table while calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and measuring instruments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select the appropriate material and consumables to properly complete each part.
- Read, interpret drawings and understand weld symbols.
- Prepare product to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling, tapping and cutting steel/aluminum parts.
- Maintain inventory levels of plate steel and make recommendations as when to place orders.
- Change gas tanks, as needed
- Responsible for the proper packaging, identifying and moving of all finished products to the proper location.
- Ensure all equipment is properly set-up and used in a safe manner and that all safety devices are in use.
- Operate forklift, if required and trained.
- Performs first piece inspections as well as all subsequent inspections as required by RMF standards.
- Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required.
- Perform simple maintenance and repair as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be required to cross-train as back-up in other areas of the manufacturing plant.
- Required to have proper and accurate entry into the time and attendance system.
- Other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prefer at least 1-3 years of experience working plasma table and mig welding.
- Position requires good mathematical ability and the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Position requires the ability to operate precision measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, protractors, and tape measures.
- This position works in a production environment with the risk of injury.
- Some safety equipment must be worn when working with equipment in the shop.
Bending, lifting and pushing up to 70 pounds is required.
- Hours are 7:30 am to 4:00 pm with overtime required depending on workload.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance