Full time position with benefits including health insurance, disability, and 401(k).
Metropolitan Industries Inc, is seeking a qualified and motivated candidate for a Delivery Driver position. We are looking for an experienced Driver who does not mind working independently or being within a warehouse environment.
- Valid Class B CDL with Air Brakes Endorsement 26’ Straight Truck.
- No DUI convictions.
- No more than one moving violation AND/OR fault accident in the last three years.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Pre-Employment drug screen and background check.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions; short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Motivated to train and learn.
- Clear speaking and attentive listening skills.
- Report to warehouse for initial pick-ups every morning and check with management for updates on routes and deliveries.
- Do routine checks.
- Must be customer service driven to reflect the needs of the company.
- Driving throughout the metropolitan area using GPS and directions.
- Inspecting, protecting and maintaining company assets, merchandise, vehicles, building and people.
- Agility to bend to floor-level shelves and reach to upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Stamina to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Loading/unloading trucks.
- Stocking materials as assigned.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.