Metropolitan Industries, Inc. is a multiple market sales and service organization in the water & wastewater and Commercial plumbing & mechanical markets both locally and on a national basis. The 3D Artist provides expertise in 3D modeling and rendering with creating interactive content within the Unity game engine. They will gain an understanding of industry norms and trends produce the most effective and persuasive work possible.
- Use 3D modeling, texture mapping, lighting, and other techniques to create photo realistic product images, graphics, visual effects, and animations.
- Model, UV, and texture a variety of 3D assets.
- Assemble, light, and render 3D content for both offline, digital, and interactive/real time.
- Take existing product designs and CAD models, and expand details as needed.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with fellow team members and sales staff to meet high quality output needs and to elevate aesthetics of a project.
- Bachelor’s degree in 3D animation or a related field.
- Experience modeling/texturing/lighting/rendering capabilities within industry standard 3D DCC software (3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Modo, Blender, or equivalent software).
- Proficiency in CAD file conversion and optimization.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Substance 3D Painter.
- Experience with real-time game engines like Unity or Unreal (preferably Unity).
- Be able to create believable textures and lighting effects with optimal use of real-time shaders.
- A strong portfolio of previous work and completed projects.
Job Type: Full-time
The Following is a Plus:
- Familiarity with C# within Unity.
- Experience designing for VR/AR/XR.
- Video editing experience within Adobe Premiere Pro.