When using pumps to properly discharge ground water seepage from an elevator pit or transfer vault, another concern is the potential for leaking oil that may have mixed with the water. Environmental codes mandate that any water pumped from these applications must not contain oil. Metropolitan’s packaged systems include submersible pump systems capable of detecting oil and properly separating it from water, ensuring that your elevator water removal process is up to environmental codes. Our custom systems approach ensures that we can design and engineer a complete packaged system, equipped with fully dynamic control and monitoring capabilities, for your elevator or transfer vault application.
Elevator Pit & Vault Systems
- Conventional single-pump constant speed functionality for a majority of applications.
- Optional Multiplex configurations (Duplex, Triplex, Custom), when addressing multiple elevator-shafts with a single pump system.
- Many pump models utilize impellers with well-established semi-open or enclosed design characteristics.
- Optional vortex-type fully-recessed impellers are available, which help provide mechanical advantages when installed in low-flow/high-head scenarios.
- Oil-filled motors provided, to enhance the cooling-characteristics of the motor, as well as improved bearing lubrication.
- Advances in oil-sensing & level-control technology as well as real-time two-way communication capabilities, provide options for virtually limitless human interaction and operational enhancements.
Let's Discuss Submersible Pumps for Elevator Pit & Vault Systems?
We’d love to discuss your building’s submersible elevator pit or vault pumping project and how Metropolitan’s packaged systems can be integrated with your application.
Getting in touch with our team of expert pump system consultants is just one click away.